Hot!Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) Take 2

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
mhowe9
Treasurer
  • Total Posts : 1194
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 2511
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) Take 2 þðèñò (permalink)
Here is an update at 17 post settlement.  I did a little experiment this morning.  I gave my one remaining (I lost one at around day 10) some argent freeze dried cyclopeeze and he ate it with zest.  I think at this point I am discontinue the artemia.
mhowe9
Treasurer
Re:Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon kauderni (Banggai Cardinal) Take 2 þðèñò (permalink)
Alright, I lost my last banggai.  I got busy and didn't do the water changes in the vase he was living in and I lost him the day I was going to do the water change.  Lesson learned
mhowe9
Treasurer
Well, we had another spawn today.  Time to try again
CableGuy
  • Total Posts : 172
  • Reward points : 293
How is this going?
-Adam
Learning more everyday!
mhowe9
Treasurer
Good still holding.  Hopefully I have better luck since I don't have to pull them early
mhowe9
Treasurer
Pulled the juveniles from the male.  Ended up with 4.  All doing well and eating so far.  The are living in a large vase inside one of my 20 gal broodstock tanks.  Time to start the clock.
mhowe9
Treasurer
Well, I had to clean and do a water change  the Banggai vase today.  It was getting pretty nasty and I wanted to keep the conditions good.  However, it was good opportunity to take some pics of the equipment that I am using to rear these guys.  Here are some pics of the event.

A now clean Banggai vase. 

The three remaining banggai fry @ 19 DPS

mhowe9
Treasurer
updated for latest spawn.  1-16-11
mhowe9
Treasurer
Spawned again today.  Actually witnessed the egg transfer.  Pretty cool stuff.  Didn't have the camera though.
mhowe9
Treasurer
Updated for additional spawn.  Haven't decided yet if I am going to pull this one or not.
Bongo Shrimp
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Reward points : 336
Any tricks for getting them to spawn?
mhowe9
Treasurer
Not really, I was lucky enough to find a spawning pair at an LFS.  I have just been feeding Sally's mysis shrimp.

However, they ate the latest spawn so I will have to set up some artificial incubation.
mhowe9
Treasurer
another spawn.  Let's see if he holds this time.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Trial Version 4.1