hurry it up Chad  

it looks great man
cmpenney
The Prez
  • Total Posts : 3837
  • Reward points : 1747
RE: 192 Gal in-wall Display (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Poseidon
My tank is in my dining room too, and you know I would have thought that I would want to eat at the table so I can see the tank, but we still find ourselves eating on the TV trays more often then not....

We do the same and I complain about it all the. I'm sure that I'll be even worse about it once the tank is up and running. Either that or I'l just have to put a flatscreen on the wall in the Dinning room!

ORIGINAL: Poseidon
Anyway, I like that your tank is built in, AND viewable from 2 sides.

Thanks I realy didn't think I would like it that way until I saw Mike's tank. It was pretty cool having it built intoteh wal and still being able to look down the length of the tank.
Chad Penney - MASM President
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
clamdigr
  • Total Posts : 1088
  • Reward points : 923
Any updates Chad?
-Mike-

240g In-wall - 48x48x24 - Mixed Reef  
cmpenney
The Prez
Not really.

I did get some more stuff torn outof the room behind the tank and loadedinto the trailer.

A project at work got kicked into high gear about 2 weeks ago and I've been traveling like mad. In the last two weeks I've been in Dayton, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Columbus. I've had to spend at least half of these last weeks away from home so I haven't had a chance to do any work on the build. This weekend We have the meeting and I have a graduation party to attend on Saturday. So MAYBE Sunday I can get some work done. I'd like to at least get the rest of the walls gutted so I'm ready to tear the floor out. Once the New floor is in I get to do the fun stuff and rebuild the new room!

My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Tankster
MMMC Director
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 280
update?
Hopkins
MMMC Member
  • Total Posts : 333
  • Reward points : 596
Now that you have come back from the dead, you owe us 6 months of updates.
cmpenney
The Prez
My MIA status meant that I really didn't have much time to do anything on this as well. I in just the last 2 weeks or so started doing some work again.

So far I've had the time to get the soundproofing in the way between the rooms and installed the plastic bathroom wall panels around the tank.  I'll try to get some pics of that this weekend but it's just white panel so it may be kinda hard to see it. 

I've also just the last few days started to put together the light rack for above the tank. It is very much like the one Mike built. It's made from 3/4" Aluminum angle, pop-rivets, and a few nuts and bolts. Lighting will be 2 -250 Watt MH in Lumenarc 3 reflectors and 2 80 Watt T5 lights off workhorse 5 ballasts. That is alittle more interesting and I'll get a few pics of that although I'm waiting for the T5 reflectors from Deb.

Right now I need to decide what to do about a sump. I'm thinking about just using a rubber maid tube temporarily so I can start getting the tank cycling. 
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Fishtal
The Prez
  • Total Posts : 2722
  • Reward points : 2807
Good to see that you're still alive!  Thought about you today... I moved a big Poci colony and behind it I found the Chewbacca Milli that I got from you... I though I'd lost it long ago, but it's encrusted all over the rock it fell on[]  I'll get pics soon.
cmpenney
The Prez
I lost my colony to AEFW so if that thing grows I'd love to buy a frag from you.
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Fishtal
The Prez
  • Total Posts : 2722
  • Reward points : 2807
As soon as it starts growing "up", instead of encrusting, I get you a piece, no prob[]  now that it's not blocked in I'm sure it'll start expanding.
cmpenney
The Prez
Thanks Tal. That's very kind of you.
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
cmpenney
The Prez
Started puting in the sand and did some rockwork:

Attached Image(s)

My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
AJ
  • Total Posts : 1082
  • Reward points : 1557
Looking good!     How much sand did you use? and what kind?

AJ
cmpenney
The Prez
Right now there is 3 bags of the Durascape sand in there. I need to get at least 2 more bags though. I stopped by HD to pick up some this weekend and they switched brands again. The stuff they have now SAYS white play sand but I was hard pressed to see any difference in color between that and the plain brown stuff.
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Mike
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 68
nice to see you here again   looks really cool Chad
cmpenney
The Prez
It's good to be back.

Things are finally slowing down at work so that I'm home more days per week than I'm gone. Pretty much everything has been on hold for me over the last 6-8 months. If it wasn't for all the automation that I put into place last year I'd have lost everything in my holding system. As it is now Aiptasia and bubble algae have run amuck in the system. Basically I'm going to have to be very careful about moving things to avoid bringing the pests into the new tank and flush the old system for with FW to get it cleaned out.

The build has sat in the same state for most of this time as well. Until about two weeks ago I hadn't done any work on it since around the time of my last post in May.
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Mike
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 68
I am in the same sitauation now too with work.  I am home more days now than I am gone and it is nice.  Keep the updates coming Chad.
Black71gp
Jarrod
  • Total Posts : 1142
  • Reward points : 835
glad to see some progress going for you chad.. good to see you are back at the fish world..lol.... hope work stays settled down a bit for you and you can keep us posted with updates gallor.. you have some catching up to do
cmpenney
The Prez
It's nice to be making progress. this project has been dragged out waaaayyy too long. 

I have enough sand now to start filling the tank with RO so I'm going to run the line and start it tonight. I still need to get a sump for under the tank but I may just use a rubbermaid tub for a temporary solution while I flush out my downstairs system.

Eventually I want to connect the two but I'm trying to be very carefull not to transfer any of the bubble algae and aiptasia into the new system that took over while I was MIA.
My Build Journal
Agis quod Adis
Hopkins
MMMC Member
  • Total Posts : 333
  • Reward points : 596
Can you tell me a little about your seagrass tank? Lighting, flow, sand, tank.....pretty much everything.

I am going to setup a 25x25, with two 10k T5s over it and a 6" DSB.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 21 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Trial Version 4.1